There are so many ideas on the internet it can be overwhelming to decide on what you want to do with your new yaer. Do you make resoloutions or not? A budget or not? Set goals? Dream big or little? Whew...so much to think about.
Well, after weeks of seeing and looking, thinking and praying I think I am ready to start my year. One of the neatest ideas I have seen this year is to choose a word to define the year, rather than make resolutions. I love this idea because it is both freeing and convicting. Want to know my word? Generosity - I want to become more generous in every aspect of my life this year. I want to declutter and give all those things I don't need to someone who will use them. I want to be more aware of the needs of others and give to them what I can. I also want to be more generous in my prayer life. I want to broaden my prayer life and speak to God more frequently and about every aspect of my life. I like my choice of words for the year.
And then there's the issue of scrap booking. I love scrap booking, but when I see challenges to do 365 day projects, my bloodpressure rises and the anxiety starts to build. I can't take medication 365 days a year and I am supposed to, so I seriously doubt that doing a 365 day project will work for me. The 52 weeks projects look a little more inviting, but today I saw a blog that recommended a top ten memories project and knew I had found the prefect one for me. I CAN make a top ten list for every month of memories for that month. Couple that with my goal to write more stories down and do a monthly round-up and I think that's all I can handle.
On a personal note we are trying the envelope budget - You can check it out here. It is exciting to me---I love living on a budget. My hubby pays the bills, which I also like, but I know when I am working with a budget I am really strict on myself. This system kinda does all the grunt work for me. It's perfect.
So what are your plans for 2010? Goals, expectations, ideas?
Happy New Year!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment