Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy weekend

It was such a busy weekend. I can barely remember enough to write. I left off on Weds., so I'll begin there. Thursday was Nancy's day to take the kids. Unfortunately she was late, which caused a little distress for the kids, but that's their Nana...always trying to fit something in at the last minute. Their daddy does a little of that, too. Anyway, she took them to the Clay Center. They seemed to enjoy their time there, and at Krispy Kreme watching the donuts made, and at the Capitol, which they drove by. LOL -- I heard Abby tell Amy that she went to Charleston for the second time ever! Cute.

Friday the kids woke up and we told them we were going to the zoo. The response was a little less than expected, but we went anyway. I think they were tired. They enjoyed what we saw of the zoo. I think we made it about 1/3 of the way through. Next time we are going to get a map. We saw my friend Kimberly Moore while we were there. It was great to see her , and her mom, who met us for dinner. The kids each got presents at the zoo, which they LOVE. Abby got a dolphin that she has been drgging around since. Giddy got an otter bath toy. Baths are more fun these days:o) The baby got a hat and a camel. Very cute.

Saturday we tried to take it easy. We were all exhausted. Mitch got sand, which the kids rolled in. Baths happened early and then we rested. Mitch and I slept for two hours!!!! Then I took Giddy and Levi shopping for groceries and Mitch took Abby on some errands. Oh yeah, one of his errands was to fix the basement window that Giddy broke...ooops. They we all went to the mall to eat and Giddy and I headed home, while Abby and Daddy hung out some more at the mall. Giddy bought a card game while he was at the mall, so he and I played it before he went to be. Abby enjoyed her time with Daddy. i think they got home at 9:30. A late night.

Sunday we went to church and then headed home. We ate lunch and then I took a brief nap. I woke up rejuvinated and made dinners for hte week. Very productive. I was busy until we left for small group. Had fun at small group...planned out our summer meetings. We need to watch Fireproof by mid month next month. Guess we'll study that for the summer. We were all tired again when we got home. I started work on my scrap book with my new pages when we got home. Half of them were missing. I was so disappointed!!! I am talking with viovio to see if they can fix it. They're really helpful when there is a problem, but I wish I wouldn't have so many problems with them:-/ Hopefully it's just a fluke.

Yeseterday I worked and then took Giddy to get his hair cut. He looks so big. Abby went too, and I was going to take her to the eye doctor, but not if I have to wait for HOURS. I need to schedule that appointement. Then home and I finished salad for dinner. Watched tv with Mitch and then fell asleep on the sofa. The baby woke me up at one...at which time I yelled at Mitch. I am so mean when I am sleepy. He's mad at me...I HATE that. Why am I so stupid sometimes. Hopefully he'll forgive me soon.

We've got to get the baby sleeping through the night. I am going to start letting him cry it out. Ten minutes at a time. I remember the advice I got with the twins...non baby ever died from crying. Hopefully I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment