Friday, April 3, 2009

Feeling rotten

I'm at work waiting for a meeting in which I can show faculty members how to get on to the classroom evaluations. Unfortunately I feel rotten. I can't breathe and have bronchitis cough. The barky one my kids have been having for the past few days.

Thankfully the kids are doing a little better. Giddy is sounding lots better and his predinisone is working its way out of his system. He's much more tolerable. The baby is slowly improving. He has a wheeze and an ear infection. He's on the antibiotic, but I can't bring myself to give him a breathing treatment. He's too little. I've learned my lesson on that with Giddy.

Nancy went to visit the school to be the helper today (It was our week, but Mitch and I haven't been able to go--I feel awful about that!) Anyway, I guess Missy was very impressed by Giddy's reading. He is doing great. He can't help but read. He told Amy that he learned to read from the words that are everywhere and he wasn't joking---He reads words everywhere! I'm glad he's excellent at something. Maybe it'll help when he's crazy in the classroom.

Tonight we are going to have a movie night, breakfast for dinner and just hang out at home. The kids are looking forward to it. After work I am going to pick them up and take them to rent a movie. Then we'll make pancakes and sausage for dinner. Giddy's favorite. Hope we get a good movie.

Tomorrow is the Easter egg hunt at church. Not sure if we'll get to go or not. It's rainy today, so it might be postponed. There's also a shadow puppet workshop in Athens tomorrow. I'd LOVE to take the kids , but it is at the same time as Mom's Easter egg painting party:-/

I don't think I've written since April fools day. LOL. The day before I'd called Mitch and told him the oven was out. When I told him April fools, he laughed, cuz I'd gotten the wrong date!!! Then on April fools day the kids brought home prank ice cream cone messes---but when I went to greet them, I didn't have on my glasses, so it was totally lost on me! We're hopeless when it comes to April fool's I guess. That's what happens when you find out you are going to have twins on April 1---The world figures you've been fooled enough and takes away the ability to prank others.

UPDATE: I didn't end up going to the egg hunt or to mom's egg decorating party. I was too sick. I hung out and did scrapping stuff all day. Levi stayed with me and Mitch took the kids. Then on Sunday I ended up going to MedExpress while the kids went to church with mom and dad. I was given a steroid for my lungs, which really helped. I missed work on Monday and then headed back on Tuesday. The whole week I had training for the registrar's office, so I was pooped each night by the time I got home. Thankfully the kids watched Candy Land over and over sagain -- the movie we'd rented on Friday. It was a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment