Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reflections

I recently downloaded the Reflections freebie from My Memories Suite.  I LOVE the texture of the backgrounds provided in that kit.  I played with them a little on these LOs.

This first picture uses the blue paper from Reflections.  I matted the picture and put it on a white SHAPE circle, then added the dotted frame from the WHAT'S COOKIN' pack.  The text has two layers and a drop shadow.

The second picture uses the brown paper from Reflections.  When I added it to this LO, it was too dark to see the text, so I changed the opacity and it works great!  I believe the word art is from Bethany at ElegantWordart2.  It's from one of her memories packs at ScrapOrchard.

The third paper uses the black paper from Reflections.  I had previously done this LO and was trying to modify it with papers from reflections.  I didn't like the look of the black alone, so I added a full page shape, dark blue and then changes the opacity of the shape until I could see the texture of the page.  It looks pretty good. I had also used some embellishments on the original page that I didn't want to post online because I can't remember the designer or which pack I got it from (not an MMS designer).  So I added stars behind the pictures and edited them to have the max number of points available.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, add a star to your page from SHAPES, double click on it to edit the shape and you can adjust the number of points and the depth of the star.  It's a neat trick.





No comments:

Post a Comment