As I have been immersed into the scrapping world over the past nine months I have seen a reoccurring theme over and over...TELL YOUR STORY. Scrapbooking is an art of telling your story to future generations, to your children, your grandchildren and your great grandchildren. But a question that seems to arise as often as the theme is mentioned is, "Where should I start?"
There are some great resources available on the web to help you tell your story. You can find tons of journaling prompts, digidares that inspire you to tell stories in a creative manner, or blogs all about telling your story like Baby Love Letters. If you want to get off the computer and hand write some of your story before you scrap it, you can also find books of all sizes about the topic of writing your memoirs. Check out these books: Your Words, Your Story or That's Life:Finding Scrapbook Inspiration in the Everyday. Another great way to find inspiration is weekly challenges. Here are two excellent challenge sites that will inspire you to tell your story: My Story Matters and the Book of Me Challenge.
I try to tell the story of our family in my scrapbooks, but I do have some difficulty telling about myself. Lately, however, I have been inspired to do this more from visiting with my grandmother who lost her mother at the age of six. If something were to happen to me, I want my children to have something to remember me by, rather then making them rely on their young memories. So, I was thrilled when I found StoryRock's Chic to chic template which is perfect for helping me tell my story. Here are a few of the pages from my book of me. I just changed the backgrounds on the templates provided to match my color scheme and filled in the journaling.
Can you think of someone who might like to have a book about you? Consider grabbing Chic to chic this week and whipping one up for them. You may also consider making one of these about someone else. Help tell their stories so they can be remembered.
Happy scrapping! Sarah



No comments:
Post a Comment