Saturday, October 10, 2009
Do you have a backup plan?
Recently a number of articles have tickled my mind regarding back-up plans. The first article I read discussed creating an emergency plan for your family in the event cell phones do not work and the second article was about this generation being "the lost generation" because we have so little printed material about our current day and age (i.e. everything is electronic). Both article addressed two very different things, and yet both were focused on the dependecy our society has on eletronic recording keeping and coorespondence. The articles have really brought to my attention though that I want to have a backup plan that is not reliant on technology -- and when it comes to my photos--I want to have some printed material to leave my children. So I've created a back up paln for my scrapbooks and photos. I back up photos onto an external harddrive regularly, I also upload photos to flickr for an offsite backup and I print my scrapbook pages regularl, so that I can share with others my photos and memories and they aren't just stored electronically. So far--it's working...Do you have a back-up plan?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment