I've decided I have to start blogging again. I just read my blog from 2005 and I don't remember ANY of that stuff. So much happens, and I don't recall much of it.
So, this is where I am today. Levi is twelve weeks old and the twins are four and half. The twins are in preschool at Vienna Christian. Amy Askey picks them up from their morning preschool and takes them home to be watched with Levi and Avery. Right now I am working as Title II Coordinator and am working 28 hours a week. Tri-s has filed bankruptcy in December 2008, but Mitch is still working there.
I discovered digital scrap booking in December after I had Levi. I am subscribed to Smilebox and am awaiting My Polaroid Suite to arrive anyday. I have already ordered a 12x12 scrap for Grandma Alice MCanulty, a 10x10 for me, a 10x10 for dad, a 8.5x8.5 of Chihuly's work for Mitch for Valentine's day, and just ordered the 2005 pages for my scrapbook.
Levi is smiling occaionally. More and more frequently he smiles when I talk to him. He weighs 12 lbs and is 25 inches long. The twins are both in 6x clothes, though Abby doesn't have the waist to hold her pants up.
Yesterday the water got contaminated in Parkersburg due to a break and we are under a boil advisory notice. While we were watching the news to learn about the break I flipped to a channel that was showing pirahnas in the Amazon and the guide was talking about girls being eaten by the pirahnas. LOL, not five minutes later Abby told me she had to go to the potty. I told her to go. So she went towards the bathroom but was reluctant to go in. I told her to hurry so she wouldn't have an accident. She went in adn then came out and asked me if she could flush the potty. I told her she could and she looked at me with concern and said " What about those fish that eat girls?' lol. I laughed and told her it was fine, they don't live around here.
Another neat thing from yesetrday was that Amy brought over some first reader books, which are about a first grade level book. Gideon was reading the stories to us!!! He needed the occassional help on a word, but overall read the whole thing! We were very proud. Of course, I don't think he understood how proud I was. When I told him to tell daddy what he had done, after Mitch got home, he said " I ate all my dinner so I can make cookies with mommy." I prodded some more and he said "I played a phonics game on the computer and helped mommy mop the floor." Oh well, Kudos to him on all of that too.
We did make cookies and the kids had a cookie party while they watched Dumbo. They were so concerned for poor little Dumbo. It was sweet to see their concerned little faces. They really enjoyed the movie. I think it's the first time they connected with it
No comments:
Post a Comment