Alright, I am not sure if you all will like this challenge as much as you’ve liked the challenges in the past, but I use this idea for a lot of gifts and for decorating my own house. If you haven’t tried this, I really recommend trying it - We’re going to make a wordart LO.
If you don’t want to make a wordart, check out Elegant Wordart by Bethany’s blog. She offers a free wordart daily and has some awesome sayings on there. I have also bought tons of her stuff through ScrapOrchard.
So for step 1 – Add a word art to your page. You can use a premade one, or make one with the Wordart feature or the Text option. (I personally almost always use premade ones and always pick it first because the layout of the word art will help you arrange the rest of the embellishments.)
Step 2 – Choose a patterned background.
Step 3 – Add a solid background on top of the patterned background – Remember you can ADD AS A SHAPE on the paper tab in the resource gallery OR Add the background as a photo and expand it.
Step 4 – Outline the inner paper with ribbons.
Step 5 – Add any supporting embellishments you think it needs to be decorative. I added a tag, some popsicle sticks and some glitter.
Step 6 – Post it on MMS V2 Flickr Gallery site with the tag WORDART.
If you make these on a rectangle LO you can print these to an 8x10 and frame it. Make sure to check the guides for 8x10 and get all your embellies within it before printing. It makes a great gift!! (I made this one for my 5 year old son because he liked the saying:-) I used a kit from ValerieNDesign called Sour Kisses)
Happy scrapping!
Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment