Last night as I put the kids to bed Gideon was playing with his glow stick like it was a nose ring. I told him to stop doing that and he said Rebekah had one like that. I asked him who Rebekah was and he said " you know, Jacob's mom." I realized he meant Joseph's mom from the Bible and corrected him, told him not to do that anyway and sent him to bed.
So a few minutes later he wandered out and said " Mom, doesn't Joseph have 12 birthdays?"
"No honey," I replied, "that's twelve brothers." "No," he said, "twelve birthdays." Mitch chimed in and said "No, it's twelve brothers." Then he traipsed back to bed.
A minute later he came back out and asked, " Did they give the coat of many colors to Rebekah?" I replied that the bible just says they gave it to Jacob. Mitch said " maybe Rebekah was there too, I'm not sure." Then Gideon looked at me and said, " MOM! Abby's telling the story and she's got it all confused!!" He was a little distressed about that, but I sent him back to bed and told him it was okay, we'd talk about it in the morning. LOL - So funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment