I haven't blogged since last week. So much to record. I'll start at last week and work my way forward.
Wednesday the 11th
Abby woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. Since it was spring break week I had two days off from work if I wanted them. I decided I needed to stay home with her. She stayed home on Wednesday, but was better by Thursday. I felt crappy on Thursday, so I stayed home for me:-)
We didn't do much those two days. The kids were exhausted every night, so they quickly fell asleep. I worked some on my scrapbooks, but not too much. Did laundry and dishes. The usual.
On Friday I took the kids to school. I needed to pick up my planner from the office so i took the baby in to show him off. He of course was a big hit. Then I went to Mom's to take her and grandma to Gabe's and Big Lots to shop for slippers for grandma. We found some and then it was time to pick the kids up. I picked them up and then we ate lunch at Mom's. After lunch I needed to take the kids to register for kindergarten, so all of us, including mom and grandma headed to south side. Grandma and mom watched the baby while I took the kids in to register. It was pointless to take them, I don't know why they said it was necessary. I had everything I needed except for their shot records. Who knew that the page long paper the doctor gave us for their registration didn't include shot records? So they are mostly registered. I need to call and have the doctor fax in those records.
After that we went home and mom had to leave to go pick up the Ta kids and tutor. Grandma stayed with us and she was able to hold the baby all afternoon. He slept like a champ for her. I told her to enjoy it because I'm sure he won't be so cuddly the next time she visits. She agreed with me.
Can't remember why she was telling me about it, but she told me a story about her mom. She said her mother's real mom died at a very young age. From what grandma knows about it, she believes she may have had a cancer similar to Aunt Mil's. Anyway she said that no one knew her mom's real name. They all knew their grandmother was their step-grandmother...It wasn't a secret, but that no one wrote down her real grandmother's name. She said she'd like to find it out if she could. Not sure I can help, but I figured I'd better write about it to remember it:-)
Back to Friday...Around dinner time mom called and said her students didn't show up so she was going to go grocery shopping and dad was going to pick up grandma when he got off of work. I asked her if she wanted to go to Ollie's that night, and she did, so she decided to come over when she got done with shopping. We ate leftover chicken noodle soup and then mmom arrived. Her, grandma and I went shopping and Mitch stayed with the kids. Dad went home. We enjoyed shopping. We were out for an hour and toured the whole store. Grandma enjoyed it. She said she would be exhausted the next day, but she really did seem to enjoy the wandering. We all got some goodies...my biggest find was individual size pudding mixes. The kids tried them on Sunday. SO FUN!!!
Saturday was a goof off morning. Mitch had to cover bonds and we cleaned around the corners of the house. The kids watched tv all morning. Hope they don't get used to that! After Mitch was done we went to Sam's. I picked up the conversation cards I ordered for Hannah and mom. They are beautiful. (Thanks Summer Driggs for the beautiful conversation cards.) Then Mitch got called to do a bong in Pleasants County. It's about a forty minute drive, but I thought we could all go. It was a nice little trip. The kids and I hung out at Wendy's. They got cool I spy things in their kid's packs, so we played with them while we waited. After we got back home the kids wanted to paly games. I remembered I had Paddle Pool in my closet, so I told them they could play it. I put it together for them, then made dinner. We ate, then they bathed, and then we played it for about an hour. It was fun.
Sunday we were super late for church, but we did make it. Then we went to BK afterwards for our small group, but noone else made it:-/ Then we were off to home. The kids played in their room adn Mitch and I did a little house work. Then we were ready for a nap, but the kids were ready to come out...guess that's what happens. We were going to go to church with Mom and Dad, but Mom called and said she was sick. So we stayed home. nancy came over and looked at my scrapbooks. I love showing those off:-) Not much else happened.
Yesterday I got an email that said Hannah and Caleb were baptized on Sunday night. Praise God for that. What an awesome thing! It was cool because we got to see them last night too. They came down for Hannah's birthday. We all got together for a party. It was nice to see everyone and fun for the kids. LOL - On the way home we told the kids they needed to wear green today. I told them that you'd get pinched if you don't and Abby would not beleive me. She kept saying " Mom, you are just being silly. People will not pinch you if you do not wear green." She's such a skeptic.
Another grandma story. Last night we were talking about playing games and she told me she just never was a game player, but she did learn to play some games in the Army. She said that on the boat to England she would sit on the deck because you weren't carry anything around the ship. She said after a few days a guy on deck told her he was going to teach her how to play cards because she needed to know how. The guy was in the calavary and so his job after arriving in england was to pick up and tag the dead. He taught her to play Pinoccle and bridge, but advised her not to play bridge because he said people who play bridge are really serious about it. She said she gave him her information, but never did hear from him again. She suspects he got killed during a Christmas massacre by the GErmans. She said on that day their hospital reciieved 964 patients, which was their capacity. She said many, many were killed in that raid, and this guy wasn't armed because the calvery was no longer used at that date. His capacity was more like the redcross. Just wanted to remember another story.
Hi Sarah!!
ReplyDeleteYou asked about the difference between taggersized and fullsized kits, taggersized have papers at size 700x700, or smaller, fullsize kits papers are 3600x3600.
i'm no expert in any of it thogh, lol.
Vaybs