Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Not much going on
This week is spring break at OVu and not much is going on. The halls have been quiet, except for visits from Dan Doak. He's visited for LONG periods of time which has been a good distraction. Now I need to get back to my work, but I remembered a story Grandma told me yesterday that I wanted to Blog. She told me that her great-grandparents built a house in the 1920s in a housing development. She said there were lots of restrictions about what you could and couldn't do. Her grandparents lived inan area that only allowed two family homes. So they built a two family home and rented one part of it. She said her grandparents NEVER raised the rent on teh tenants, even in the midst of the depression, BUT the tenants would raise their own rent. She said the tenants lived there until her grandmother was forced to sell the house. She said that in the later years the tenants took care of the house for her grandmother and that they were always wonderful tenants. I thought it was a neat story of generosity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment